August 1st, 2021
Click on one of the hyperlinks to take you directly to that section of the notice.
- Personal Data Collected
- Use of your information
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information – Sharing and Disclosure
- Storing your personal data/Transfer of Data
- Third Party Links
- Personal Information We Collect About California Consumers
- Sensitive Data
- Our Policy on Children’s Information
- Contact Us
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
Information collected on the website and with Interactions with our Services
While using our website, we ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personal Data includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Job title, profession
- Company name and URL
1.1 Information Received on Behalf of or Clients
Mediabids collects data on behalf of our clients and advertisers. Mediabids processes this data per a contract in place with our clients. Mediabids, as part of our Services, collects or receives Personal Data from consumers who interact with our Clients’ websites and assigned phone numbers. Depending on how a Client configures and uses the Services, this may include the content of recorded telephone calls. This information, which we maintain on behalf and at the direction of our Clients, may be used by us in an aggregated reporting format to understand whether the Services are working properly and the level of engagement with Customers. Our clients control the Personal Data and its collection and use is governed by their respective privacy policies, which may differ from this policy. We encourage consumers with questions or requests related to Personal Data collected by our Clients to contact those entities directly, and we will refer any consumer requests for Personal Data maintained by us on behalf of a Client to that Client. While we maintain this data, we are only permitted to use it, as a service provider, to provide the services we are contracted to handle.
1.2 Website Visitors
Like most website operators, Mediabids collects information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. MediaBid’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how MediaBid’s visitors use its website.
MediaBid also collects potentially personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users.
1.3.1 What Kinds of Cookies Do We Use?
The Site may use Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Cookies and Social Media Cookies. Any of these may be first-party cookies or third-party cookies, persistent or session.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These are cookies without which you would not be able to use this Site. For example, Strictly Necessary Cookies adjust the Site data transmitted to match your Internet connection, get you to the secure versions of the Site, and help provide services you specifically request. If you set your browser to block these cookies, some parts of the Site will not work. Strictly Necessary Cookies do not store any Personal Information.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the Site to remember choices you make and provide enhanced functionality and more personalized features. Depending on context, Functional Cookies may store certain types of Personal Information as needed to provide functionality.
- Targeting Cookies: Targeting cookies help us manage and display our advertisements, based on your activity on the Site and other sites; this is known as interest-based advertising. Targeting cookies mainly rely on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device
- Social Media Cookies: Social Media Cookies make social sharing easier for you, provide you with tools to connect with the Site, and help us better understand both the audience for the Site and the effectiveness of our social media outreach. These are third-party cookies. Your choices with respect to such cookies are determined by the social media platforms on which you have accounts. We partner with AddThis to enable easier sharing of content and provide personal experiences across the internet.
1.3.2 Don’t Want Cookies?
Most web browsers let you choose whether to accept cookies. Most also let you delete cookies already set. The choices available, and the mechanism used, will vary from browser to browser. Such browser settings are typically found in the “options”, “tools” or “preferences” menu. You may also consult the browser’s “help” menu. For example:
There are online tools available for clearing all cookies left behind by the websites you have visited, such as www.allaboutcookies.org. Usually, deletion of cookies will anonymize the information associated with the pixel and a website will not receive any further associated information.
Please note at this time, we do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include “do not track” instructions.
1.4 Aggregated Statistics
Mediabids collects statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, we monitor the most popular pages on the site for our own internal purposes and do not disclose personal information other than as described below.[back to top]
As mentioned, the information that Mediabids collects and stores relating to you is used to communicate to you and to provide our services. We take all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of personal information.
We may use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Provide the Services to you and our clients, improve the quality of the service, and develop new products and services;
- Understand how users interact with the Services;
- Contact you about goods and services by any of the methods that you have consented to at the time we collected your information;
- Fulfill any other business or commercial purposes at your direction or with prior notice to you and your consent;
We use log data for various internal business purposes which include:
- To monitor abuse and prevent illegal activities and fraud,
- To troubleshoot product functionality and fix bugs;
- To track people’s preferences which allows us to create new services, features and content that may be more personalized for you and your interests;
- To track behavior on an aggregated/anonymous level to track and understand trends related to our offerings and services.
If you are a new customer, Mediabids will only contact you when you have provided consent and only by those means you provided .[back to top]
Mediabids does not share your personal information with others except as indicated within this policy or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared.
3.1 Third Party Service Providers, Employees, Agents or Contractors
Mediabids discloses personal information only to those of its employees, contractors and clients that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on MediaBid’s behalf or to provide services available on MediaBid’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. MediaBid will not rent or sell personal or potentially personal information to anyone without advance notice. We do share information as described above with our website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to only use this information for the purpose in which Mediabids shared it with them.
3.2 To Comply With Legal Process Or To Protect Mediabids
Other than to its employees, contractors and clients, as described above, Mediabids potential personal and personal information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Mediabids believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Mediabids, third parties or the public at large.
3.3 Business Transfers
If Media Bids, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Mediabids goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Mediabids may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
3.4 Third-party Disclosure for Joint Marketing Events & Digital Assets
We sometimes participate in joint marketing events with third parties. On the registration page, it is clear who the other joint marketing party is. If you opt-into a joint marketing event or digital asset in the United States, we may provide your registration information to these third parties and partners for use in marketing and in designing or providing their own services, to send you information about its products. You may opt out of us providing such information by opting out of our email newsletter and/or not registering for joint marketing events. You should contact the other third party directly who may already be sending you messages in order to request that these communications stop, and to review their privacy policies.[back to top]
Mediabids operates its site in the state of Connecticut in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing Mediabids with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Mediabids and our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
- Data that is provided to us is stored on our secure servers. Details relating to any transactions entered into via our sites will be encrypted to ensure its safety.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of data sent to Mediabids electronically and the transmission of such data is entirely at your own risk. Where Mediabids has given you (or where you have chosen) a password so that you can access certain areas of the site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Mediabids may have links on the Mediabids site to other sites that we do not operate. If you click on a third-party link, you will be taken directly to that site which is governed by its own privacy notice. We strongly encourage you to read that privacy notice. We do not control that site and assume no responsibility for the content, policies or its practices.[back to top]
Additional Notice for California Consumers - This part of our Privacy Notice applies to consumers who reside in California.
We describe the personal information we have collected about consumers in the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice in the part of our Privacy Notice titled, “Personal Data Collected” above. The information we collect includes the following:
- Identifiers such as name, address, email address, phone number, unique id, and other identifiers listed in the Personal Data Collection section above.
- The following categories of personal information described in California Civil Code §1798.80(e): (1) the personal information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers,” and (2) the other information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with a particular individual that we describe in “Information We Collect” above.
- Commercial information, including information about orders or purchases of any of our products or services; registration information, specials, and information you provide or submit to us when you participate in any event, program, contest, survey or other promotion that we may offer from time to time.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with our websites, mobile apps, advertisements that we display on our websites or mobile apps or on third party sites and apps, or Mediabids pages or accounts on any third-party social media platforms.
- Geolocation data.
- Inferences drawn from (1) the information we collet when you visit our websites, tools, widgets and plug-ins, (2) information we collect, including through third-party suppliers, regarding content and other data posted on the Internet (such as public locations on the Internet), and (3) information about consumers preference and behavior that we collect on our websites and mobile apps or purchase from third parties in order to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
We collect this personal information from sources that include our clients and other sources referenced in the “Personal Data Collected” section above.
6.1 Disclosures of Personal Information for Monetary or Other Valuable Consideration or for Business Purposes
Mediabids does not sell your data —we are not data brokers, and we don’t put your data on the open market. However, under the CCPA, some sharing of personal information necessary to provide you with personalized ads and with some of our partners and clients may be considered a “sale,” even if no money is exchanged. In that respect, we have disclosed email addresses and contact information to other businesses and third parties which include our joint marketing partners when we host webinars and events with them within the twelve (12) months preceding the effective date of this Privacy Notice. As is common practice among businesses that operate websites, we may also have disclosed certain online identifiers, information about the use of our website and inferences drawn about you to our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
We have disclosed personal information in all or substantially all of the categories identified in this Additional Notice for California Resident Consumers for various business purposes. For more information about the categories of personal information we have disclosed, the categories of entities with which we have disclosed this information and the purposes for which we have disclosed the information, please see “Use of Your Information” above and “Where and How We Share and Disclose Your Information”.
For information regarding the purposes for which we collect and use the personal information we collect, please see “Use of Your Information” and “Where and How We Share and Disclose Your Information” sections above.
6.2 Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the following rights. We will honor requests received to the extent required by applicable law and within the time provided by law.
6.2.1 Right to Access and Information Regarding Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case in the twelve-month period preceding your request:
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected;
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling personal information;
- The categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- The specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
We will deliver personal information that we are required by law to disclose to you in the manner required by law within 45 days after receipt of a verifiable request, unless we notify you that we require additional time to respond, in which case we will respond within such additional period of time required by law. We may deliver the personal information to you through your account, if you maintain an account with us, or electronically or by mail at your option. If electronically, then we will deliver the information in a portable and, to the extent technically feasible, in a readily usable format that allows you to transmit the information from one entity to another without hinderance
6.2.2 Right to Deletion of Personal Information
You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information about you that we have collected from you.
6.2.3 Right to Opt Out
You have the right to opt out of the disclosure of personal information about you for monetary or other valuable consideration. To Opt-Out, submit a request here or call us toll-free at 1-800-545-1135.
6.2.4 Right to No Discrimination
We may not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the foregoing rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, including by:
- Denying you goods or services;
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- Providing you a different level or quality of goods or services; or
- Suggesting that you will receive different price or rate for goods or service or at a different level or quality of goods or services.
We may however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your personal information.
6.3 Requests to Exercise Your Rights
You may request to exercise the foregoing rights by:
- Logging in to your account (if you have an account) and submitting a request here.
- Submittign an online request here.
- Submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Calling us toll-free at 1-800-545-1135.
Please note that we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to information or acting on your request to exercise your rights, as required or permitted by law. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted by law.
6.4 Data Sharing for Direct Marketing Purposes
California Civil Code § 1798.83 further permits California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your personal information with certain of our affiliates and other third parties for their marketing purposes. Please tell us your preference by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing us at the address below.[back to top]
Mediabids uses reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.[back to top]
Mediabids requests that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice. To avoid processing of sensitive data, do not submit it.[back to top]
The Mediabids Site is not directed to children under 16. If you learn that your minor child has provided Mediabids with personal information without your consent, please contact Mediabids.[back to top]
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this policy please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
448 Main Street
Winsted, CT 06098